Friday, January 25, 2008

Life In The Parking Garage...

I get up every morning, head to class and park at this parking garage near campus. I got two beefs with the parking lot folk: (1) I pay $75 to park on the THIRD FLOOR of a FIVE STORY garage, because it's mandatory; (2) the security personnel always follow me when they see me in the garage. I guess it doesn't help to be a offensive lineman sized Black male. However, wouldn't you think I am not up to something when I have eighteen backpacks, laptop cases, and ONE THOUSAND law books? I mean even if I wanted to rob someone, I couldn't escape because you know I am not dropping those books or my laptop to get away from security. Plus, I am tired of those pint-sized white girls clutching their purses every time I get on the elevator. Between my textbooks, laptop, and other mandatory law school accessories (i.e., supplementary readings, iPod, 14 packs of No-Doz, etc.), I am probably worth more than a stinkin' purse. 


Other beefs with the parking garage--well not the garage, per se, but with the owners of Mini Coopers and other mini-whatevers. Can they start parking at the edge of the space so I can see that someone is actually parked in the space instead of having me think I have a good space, only to learn that an aluminum can with wheels is parked there instead? I mean these folk park these things as close to the front-end marker as they can. My typical reaction consists of the following: "F*#K!!!! STUPID A@@ MUTHAF@#K$ B@#%$...(insert additional expletives here)."

Alas, my wishes will probably never come true...such is life in the parking garage. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey brother this was my favorite one it is halirous to me I have the same question as you why do white people get scared when they see black people? Isnt that racial profiling or something like that? I hate that white people always think that some black person is going to steal their cars or their purses... Thats what I call ignorance because if you see me with law books and a laptop and etc. Im not about to drop everything in my hand to chase no white people because I want to get an education like some of the white people that I see...ingorance is what I see when someone is in that situation like you. Sorry to sound prejudice but that how I feel much ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥